Today’s Life Sciences companies are having to adapt quickly to many business challenges, from adapting increased competition in key therapeutic areas, to protecting IP, and effectively managing compliance and regulatory risks. Turkey has its own unique blend of these challenges, but there are also opportunities as the government looks to focus on local production as well as incentivize investments.
Akol has a sector-focused life-sciences team (which includes an ex-General Counsel of a multi-national pharmaceuticals company) which can cover the full range of life-sciences issues, including:
- Commercial contracts (including distribution, marketing, pharmacovigilance, and supply agreements)
- Compliance issues facing healthcare and pharmaceuticals professionals in Turkey (including those due to industry codes of conduct and advertising regulations, and anti-bribery and FCPA compliance)
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals regulatory and licensing issues (including in relation to marketing authorizations and related permits and licenses)
- Intellectual property support and advice (for example in relation to patents)
- Retainer support on day-to-day legal issues facing healthcare and pharmaceuticals companies (including employment, data protection and litigation)
- Transactional advice (including share purchases and asset and portfolio transfers)
We advise a wide range of Life Sciences clients (from start-ups to established multi-nationals as well as investment funds), active in the subsectors of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, herbal products, dietary supplements, cosmetics, veterinary medicinal products. Our firm has acted on some of the largest pharmaceutical M&A transactions in Turkey in recent years.
We are well-placed to align to the needs of Life Sciences clients in this challenging environment through an approach that champions responsiveness and the delivery of value.