Akol offers extensive top tier experience to clients on formation of all types of corporations (including Turkish joint stock and limited companies and companies active in free trade zones), partnerships and joint ventures, in addition to review and preparation of all types of commercial contract. We have expertise working with all types of companies, from start-ups and SMEs to large multinational conglomerates, trusts and NGOs.
We have a great strength in corporate governance matters (and the application of the Turkish Commercial Code) and regularly assist clients in negotiating and drafting commercial agreements for agency arrangements, distribution, equipment lease or purchase, franchise, licensing of intellectual property, sales representation, service provisions, and supply arrangements. We also provide corporate consultancy to advise and assist in commercial partnership break-ups and settlements, structuring buy/sell arrangements, and in negotiating and drafting agreements to address management and control issues.
Whatever the needs of our corporate clients, we can offer a truly integrated service to meet their challenges with the right advice from the right people.
Indeed, we draw on extensive in-house experience and a deep understanding of the Turkish legal landscape to provide retainer services to companies doing business in Turkey (and have several recurrently retainer clients where we support them on all day to day legal matters).
Our corporate retainer service essentially provides our clients with a cost-effective and convenient to budget way to outsource any part of the in-house legal function, with a team of multi-disciplinary lawyers on hand to advise them. This includes all kinds of issues that our clients encounter as part of the normal business operation including, but not limited to, the following:
- Company secretarial / corporate governance and all corporate legal issues;
- Establishment of a new company vehicles
- Advice on legal issues regarding the Turkish Commercial Code and Code of Obligations and on any other relevant Turkish law and regulation
- Review of all other legal documentation at the official records such as signature circulars, powers of attorneys and share books
- Conducting all required legal procedures at the trade registries or notaries
- Assisting or conducting board of directors, general assembly, and any other statutory meetings (including those in relation to capital increases/decreases)
- Drafting and reviewing of operational commercial contracts such as sales, employment, lease, or distribution arrangements
- Assisting with any day to day disputes which might arise in a company (including employment and debt enforcement disputes)