Akol has unrivalled equity and debt capital markets experience working with global and domestic issuers, stakeholders, and financial institutions in ground-breaking, first of a kind and other complex transactions in the constantly developing Turkish capital markets. The team’s experience spans more than 25 years in Turkey, including the first ever IPO in Turkish history, conducted in the days before Turkey even had a capital markets law in place, and more than 80% of all subsequent equity capital markets transactions with an international element to date.
We have advised issuers, selling shareholders and underwriters in 50+ international equity and debt securities offerings including public offerings which top the list of largest IPOs in Turkish history. We have a unique track-record representing foreign issuers in recent sales of equity and debt securities to investors in Turkey, many of which are ground-breaking, and are also one of a small number of firms with experience in conducting dual track processes.
This team is peerless in terms of ‘firsts’ and ‘mosts’ capital markets transactions:
- First ever international IPO in Turkey
- First ever Tier 1 capital deal in Turkey
- First ever registered bond issuance in Turkey by a foreign issuer
- First ever ISE listing and equity offering in Turkey by a foreign issuer
- First ever securitization in Turkey
- First ever covered bond program in Turkey
- First ever issuance of warrants in Turkey
- Largest ever IPO in Turkey
- First ever dual listing in ISE and another stock exchange
- First ever completed private placement by a foreign issuer in Turkish Lira